Monday, November 17, 2008

Obama presidency will not fix all race problems...

I worked hard for Obama to be elected. I got involved in GerogiaForObama.org in February of 2007 and helped out with the Meetups in Macon and in the Atlanta area.

So it is with great sadness and not nearly enough surprise that I now hear of hateful actions by people upset that Obama was elected.

Read the article linked above and heed MLK's words below. Pray about how such hate resides in human hearts. Pray for strength to grow the love in all our hearts. I know I have a ways to go myself....


Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that.
Hate multiplies hate,
violence multiplies violence,
and toughness multiplies toughness
in a descending spiral of destruction....
The chain reaction of evil --
hate begetting hate,
wars producing more wars --
must be broken,
or we shall be plunged
into the dark abyss of annihilation.


Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - 
Strength To Love, 1963


No comments: